Financial analysts are responsible for financial planning, analysis and projection for companies and corporations. They forecast future revenues and expenditures to establish cost structures and determine capital budgeting for projects. Senior-level financial analysts work with CFOs and other executive-level team members to set company-wide investment direction and policies.
Financial analysts leverage strong accounting and compliance backgrounds to explore historical financial data, predict future results and drive process and policy improvements.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis
- Evaluating current capital expenditures and depreciation
- Exploring investment opportunities
- Establishing and evaluating profit plans
- Providing financial models and forecasting
- Providing instructional leadership to department managers
- Developing and implementing the company's strategic plan
- Reviewing administrative policy
- Developing and implementing budgets
- Supervising marketing efforts
- Preparing financial reports